Loud Closet Core Pants

 



I have made a few pairs of Closet Core Sasha Pants and it remains one of my favourite trouser patterns.  I always had in mind to adjust the legs to create shorts.  My favourite shorts pattern to date is Sewaholic Thurlows; wow isn't that a blast from the past!  Anyway my last pair, although still my favourites, got passed on recently due to being in a sad state of disrepair.  I intended to replace them but wondered if I could adapt the Sasha Pants rather than print and retape my Thurlow Pattern.  Were PDF's even a thing when I bought this pattern?  I may actually have a paper pattern of this one!


To turn the trousers into shorts, I simply widened the legs at the crotch point and side leg, creating a straight leg shape.  It was a pretty straight forward adaption.


The fabric I chose was a piece that was left over from a dress that I made in 2014 and no longer wore plus the dress itself which I recycled.  It is very loud fabric, and I am not sure how I feel about wearing shorts in such a loud fabric but because these are intended as beach shorts, I don't think I will feel too out of place.

Because this project is all about recycling, I found another old business shirt of my husbands and cut the pocket bags and waist bias tape from it.  The only thing I had to buy was the zip!




I should have sized up the pattern for these shorts, they are a bit more snug than I would have liked for shorts.  Just as well the seam allowance is 1.5cm because in a size 10 I needed to reduce the seam allowance to 1cm.  I would have liked a little more ease so next time I will make a size 12.  I am really pleased with how they turned out so yes there will be a next time.  I have a few small pieces of fabric in my stash that are just big enough to squeeze shorts out of and this pattern will do just nicely.



Comments

  1. i think they are perfect beach shorts and I'm envious of your fantastic beach location :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts