Greenstyle Moxi Shorts

I had just packed up all of my sewing for the year, when I decided that not only did I want, but absolutely needed a pair of running shorts for both stand up paddle boarding and just about any exercise in the heat over our holiday, so on Christmas Eve I had a look through my patterns and came up with Greenstyle Creations Moxi Shorts.  


A little digging through my fabric and I found my roll of drapey mechanical stretch fabric that I made these pants from.  This fabric has a small amount of stretch in both directions and is quite light weight and drapey so I knew it would be perfect for these shorts if I chose the correct size.



I took a punt on the size I needed to make given my measurements and set to work.  I had in my stash a large piece of nylon lycra swim fabric that I bought to make jammers for my son when he was a swimmer so this became the yoke and trim.  I decided for this pair to leave off the pocket because my phone is too big for it as drafted anyway.  



To attach the trim, I used my coverstitch machine.  For once this performed beautifully and I am pleased with this approach and will use it again.



Once the trim was attached it was time to work out the origami of this pattern and see how it comes together.  The way the back wraps around to the front is quite clever and actually reminds me of shorts I had seen in Lululemon. 


The last step is to attach the yoke to the shorts and I did this with my overlocker before top stitching the seam flat.


This pattern has been in my stash for a few years now.  I had forgotten I had bought it.  I now wonder why it took me so long to make it up.  I can see more versions in my future.




  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts