Self Drafted Robe

 


One thing that has been missing from my wardrobe for too many years is a summer robe.  I have been suffering through summers using my fleece winter robe and complaining about overheating for way too long.  

Minerva generously donate me fabric each month in exchange for a blog post and for once I chose a practical option despite being very tempted by the lovely dress fabrics that they sell.  I really wanted to get some lovely cool crisp cotton in two contrasting colourways to make this robe.


I chose this lovely cotton poplin fabric in both jade/navy and pink/navy with plans to have the pink/navy as the trim.  When it arrived, it was a bit narrower than I was expecting but definitely wide enough for the style I was planning.  I did however have to add a seam to my belt but because this hits at my centre back and the print is quite busy, it isn't noticeable.  Every robe needs pockets, so I added inseam pockets because I felt that it was busy enough in this print without the addition of patch pockets.



Now, calling this robe self drafted sounds a lot more involved than it actually was.  I simply used the dimensions of my rtw robe and added a v neck to suit.


I am really pleased with how this turned out and am pleased I got it finished before summer ended.  Hopefully I will get a lot of wear out of it before the mornings get cold.



Comments

Popular Posts