A Self Drafted Tee

 



I have been doing a bit of pattern drafting.  I have a couple of tee patterns that I really like but none that I would go as far as saying is the perfect tee for me.  I decided that it was time that I drafted one that is uniquely me.  



I really like the oversized tees that are reminiscent of the ones I wore in the 80s as a teenager.  The problem is, those oversized styles do not play well with my pear shaped body.  I decided to draft a pattern that had a small amount of positive ease and hinted at waist shaping.  

As part of the Minerva Ambassador program, I was gifted this lovely spring floral cotton lycra that was perfect for my finished tee pattern.  The tee was constructed completely on my overlocker with the hems on my coverstitch.



I have to say that on paper the process was really simple and straightforward and if I wasn't the perfectionist I am, it certainly would be. My wardrobe is now rather full of tees because it took a few before I actually drafted the fit I was after.  This one is about as perfect as it gets and I think it is my new favourite.  That being said, I am not done yet!  I feel a few different variations coming on.





Comments

Popular Posts