Not Your Usual Boring Office Pants

Just as everything was shutting down last year, I bought from Supercheap Fabrics, a few pieces that got held up with the postage system.  It did eventually arrive and this lovely cotton bengaline was one of them.  The other pieces I bought have since been made up but this piece just sat in my stash due to pattern indecision.  Well not any more!

I eventually settled on Closet Core Sasha Pants as this pattern remains one of my favourites.  For this pair though, I wanted a bit more ease so decided to go up a size.  




I used the leftovers from scrap bin for the waistband binding and the pocket stays.  The buttons also came from my stash so the only thing I had to buy for this project was the zip.



I decided to add a little button detail at the hem of these pants for a little visual interest because I really didn't want them to fall into the boring office pants category.  In hindsight though, orange pants are never going to fall into any boring category!


I am really pleased with how these turned out.  Pants that aren't a neutral are really a huge departure for me but in this situation it has paid off.  They go so well with my recent Love Notions Rhapsody blouse and surprisingly there are a few more tops in my wardrobe that work nicely as well.






Comments

Popular Posts