Underwear Drawer Refresh

 




Continuing my recycling theme from my last post, I made myself a couple of bra and underwear sets.

I had the fabric and notions for a beige set for a couple of years now and for some reason the set always got bumped to the back of the queue.  This may have been in part due to having to be in the right head space to make bras and also being distracted by other items from my list.  A beige set is a wardrobe staple for spring and summer and I just really couldn't ignore it any longer.



I made this Boylston Bra in exactly the same size as the  cotton jersey set I made in June.  I did however move the straps slightly closer to the front, altering the outside cup. slightly to suit because I found the straps tended to slip off my shoulders.



I overlaid the entire bra excluding the back band in non stretch white lace which was left over from another project.  This wasn't part of my plan.  I had bought a piece of stretch lace to incorporate somehow but I just couldn't imagine it, so worked with what I had and I am so pleased I did.



The underwear are made using Megan Neilsen Acacia which is my go to for underwear.  For both pairs, I used a cotton lycra camisole that I bought in USA when I was last there.  I accidentally picked up the wrong size forgetting that US sizing is different to New Zealand.  It has sat in my wardrobe unworn for the last 3 years so it was nice to make it into something else.  It had a shelf bra so there was plenty of fabric to play with.  I did find that it was a little narrow in places so I have added lace at the sides of the front on one pair.

My second set also has an element of recycling involved.  This set is Cloth Habit Watson Bra with Megan Neilsen Acacia.  



This pair is made with some lovely cotton lycra gifted to me by Minerva.  It was left over from a tee I made.  



Because the cotton lycra is very stretchy, I added an under layer of power net through the entire bra and also added boning at the side seams, like the Boylston Bra.

The recycling component of this pair came in the form of the striped underwear.  I had a tee shirt that the hem was coming down on and I just didn't wear it any more.  It was still in great condition so this became  coordinating underwear.  

This set has become a favourite for wearing at home because it is just so darn comfy.

Comments

Popular Posts