Not Quite A Lucky Four Leaf Clover
I made Clovers! After all of the hype, I just couldn't resist.
I bought some lovely stretch linen from Lincraft in their half off sale especially for these and drafted the pattern to a size 6 as my measurements indicated.
Before cutting I lay my Sewaholic Thurlow pants on top of the pattern and realised that the rise on these was too high in the front and too low at the back. I lowered the front by 2cm and increased the back by 2cm as well. Because these were to be a trial pair, I left off the pockets and just made them as simple as possible.
At the try on stage, I quickly realised that these pants were way to wide in the legs, so I shaved 1cm off the inner leg, tapering away at the crotch.
If I could give these pants a Facebook style "like" I would but really they just don't float my boat. To give them credit, they are really comfortable and the front and back rise sits really nicely as does the shaped waist band. I am not convinced with the side zipper. I find it difficult to get on and off and it made fitting the pants less accurate. After two hours of wear, these pants had grown soo much they were no longer wearable, so late in the day, I deconstructed them and took 1cm off the side of each of the 4 panels which mean't removing the zip. They now fit a lot better but are still a long way from perfect.
And for the verdict....these pants have been altered within an inch of their lives and actually don't much resemble the original at all. Although they have potential, I really don't think they are designed for my shape and I have patterns that require less work to get to fit nicely, so for future pants, I think I will stick to those. All is not lost however, because I do have a very wearable pair of black pants for the autumn.