A Little Black Staple


My latest make was brought on by the demise of my favourite Vogue 1247 skirt.  This poor skirt has been loved to death.  There is not a lot wrong with it, but it has got quite washed out through use.
Vogue 1247 was once again my go to pattern for the replacement but this time I used my redrafted pencil version.  The fabric I chose was a black wool with a floral rope detail that I picked up at Lincraft.  Because the fabric is wool, I chose to fully line it to reduce the incidence of stretching and also to mitigate any itch factor.


 Strangely in the above picture, the skirt looks A line but I can assure you it is quite straight at the sides.  For this reason, I added a slit at the back.



Really there isn't much more to be said about this skirt except, it is my new favourite and has been worn every second day since it's completion.  It may not have been my most exciting project to date but we all have to attempt bread and butter projects from time to time.

My motivation for winter projects is waning.  It is not surprising really when the birds are starting to sing in the mornings, daffodils are making there presence known and the sun is actually showing signs of warmth on the skin.  On the one hand, it seems a little early for spring but it has been known to arrive in August in the past....here's hoping!

Comments

  1. It's so good when you make something and then wear it and wear it. And yes, I'm with you feeling blah about winter sewing. Bring on spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Perhaps this month I could be a little more proactive in the spring sewing department!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts