Tessuti Alexa Version 3-5



My last two offerings have become winter staples.  Aren't there three I hear you ask!    Well, version five of this particular top was no sooner completed than whisked off into my daughters drawer never to be seen again.  Actually, that is not quite true, it has appeared on said thief and in the laundry, but certainly has not been available long enough for a photograph.

Once again I used Tessuti Alexa in a size 10 and made it in merino.  After the success of my last Alexa, I found my way back to the receivership sale in time to score some more merino but this time for a measly $5 per metre.  The fabric was well and truly picked over by this stage so most of the nice weights and colours were gone but I didn't let a little thing like that stop me.  I picked up a metre of black and a metre of pale blue and they never even made it into the fabric cupboard before being made up.  Courteney's version is in a grey but she chose the short sleeved style.




My favourite thing about this pattern apart from the relaxed fit, is the neckline.  It is easy to make and with twin needled top stitching you are left with a  rtw look.

These two tops have been worn a lot.  They are worn to work tucked into a skirt and on a weekend with a pair of jeans. They weren't the most exciting project but have become very much a wardrobe work horse.  In fact, with a cold southerly blowing through last night to remind us that it is still winter for a couple of days, I may just wear one of them to work today!

Comments

  1. If I didn't know you made them, I would swear they were RTW. Superb job on the shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim for a rtw like finish. I tend to get disappointed when I don't achieve it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts