Wild About Stripes


What do you do when you buy a piece of fabric online and it isn't quite what you expected?  That was certainly the case with this piece.  It was quite expensive for a knit but more lightweight than I had expected.  I wouldn't say I was disappointed but it certainly threw up a challenge as to what to do with it.  In the end I decided on a tunic length A line tee that I could wear with leggings.

I used Sewaholic Renfrew as the pattern and lengthened it grading out to an A line at the sides.  It was a very quick process and one of those time poor instant gratification projects that we all need from time to time.

I really didn't think this tunic would even make it onto my blog when I accidentally washed it with my son's new burgundy chinos which bled badly.  A big pink stain was now gracing the shoulder.  That will teach me for not photographing my projects when they are first worn! Fortunately since then the wonders of washing and the sunlight have faded said stain into insignificance.  

I actually made this tunic nearly a month ago now and have completed a couple of projects since then.  Life lately has got in the way and I have a backup of projects to write about.  I will get there soon, I promise!

Comments

  1. Great tunic - I really like the cuffs cut on the cross.

    I know the feeling with having life get in the way of blogging projects - at least you are still managing to sew. I made a pair of pants around Easter and did not photograph them, now I have put on a little weight and they are slightly too tight to wear (especially for photos).

    As for fabrics bought online. I always consider it a bit of a gamble with buying fabrics online but do endevour to use the fabrics anyway on another pattern if they are not suitable for what they were intended for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think I would learn but no, I had to buy more online fabric this week!

      Delete
  2. Great tunic. Love the stripes. So good to have a quick project that looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit, I have worn it quite a bit.

      Delete
  3. That's a nice tunic. I really like the cuffs. I've had some mishaps with fabric bought on line. Fabric that I thought would be lightweight are now sitting in a bin for fall/winter projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer fabrics with a bit of weight especially knits, they tend to keep their shape better.

      Delete
  4. The problem I have is that since our earthquakes, we no longer have choice about where to buy fabric, limiting fabric choices to three shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your top - I imagine that this one will get loads of wear. I like that the stripes are perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Actually with these stripes, it is a little hard to get them wrong.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts