Monday, October 28, 2013

Spot On


Obvious puns aside, that is exactly how I would describe my latest trouser offering, although if I was going to be completely critical, they could have done with being slightly more snug around the waist.  Oh well, there are worse things in life than wearing a belt!

Once again I have used my altered Sewaholic Thurlow pattern but this time I added 2cm to the back rise, which makes the back side of my pants sit far nicer.  You will just have to take my word for this because I draw the line at close up shots of my derriere!

The fabric I chose is a stretch cotton canvas that I picked up at a recent Lincraft half off end of season sale.  Lucky for me, they had some new seasons fabric in at the time.  This fabric is fantastic.  I wish it came in different prints and sold colours but their floral was just a little over the top for pants for my liking.



So what now?  Well, now that I have a comfortable and flattering tnt pants pattern, there will be more making an appearance.  As much as I like making skirts and dresses, actually pants suit my lifestyle and our fickle weather conditions for three quarters of the year more!  Oh, and I am still debating whether I need to add a little more fullness in the back to accommodate my athletic calves (not my words, that is what the pattern drafting sites call them)

2 comments:

  1. Catching up on blog reading and can't believe no one has comments on your new pants. Congrats on achieving the holy grail of perfect pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pants - the fit is great. And the fabric - I just bought some of the same at a Lincraft sale yesterday!! Naturally i love it!! Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete