Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Trackies.....well sort of!





I wanted a pair of comfy pants for sitting around in the evenings on our pending camping trip.  I don't 'do' track pants but do like yoga pants.  I have had Kwik Sew 3443 in my pattern stash for a couple of years now, unused, so this was my starting point.  



What can I say, despite my happy looking photo, I am suitably unimpressed.  I made these up in a very stretchy heavy lycra knit and made view A.   There were just ridiculously big everywhere so I cut the waistband off and virtually started again.  I laid my Jalie Jeans pattern on the trousers and this became my new leg shape.  Out of the small amount of leftover fabric I cut a wide foldover waistband.  I added elastic to the waist seam and concealed it with top stitching.   

The pants are still a little too big around the middle but, hey, they were made for Christmas camping and these were super comfy to wear after all those waist increasing Christmas goodies.

4 comments:

  1. These are definitely way above trackie status.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stretchy yoga pants are the go at Christmas, definitely!
    I've nominated you for a Liebster award, if you are interested in taking part. The link to my blog is http://lasartora.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/of-awards-and-other-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. they do look good on you though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoga pants my dear, not trackies! They look great.

    ReplyDelete