Jalie in Pink Merino and.......
I have bought another Jalie pattern, Jalie 3352. I was a little hesitant about this one because of the price and the simplicity of design, figuring I really should be using a pattern I already have. Desperation for long sleeved tops made me click the buy now button. This time though, I chose to buy the PDF version because this is now available for some of their designs. It works out a lot cheaper than paying postage from Canada to New Zealand as well. Despite having an aversion to actually taping patterns together, it did mean I didn't have to trace my correct size so time wise it worked out the same.
The fabric in question is a lovely weight merino that I got at the Lane Walker Rudkin receivership sale last year. I measured my size which corresponded to T in the bust and U in the hips, so this is how I cut it. I ended up running the entire top in by the width of my overlocking stitch so actually could have cut it to a size s. Not to worry, fabrics behave differently so the next one I make up may fit perfectly.
Using the neck binding piece as my guide for length, I created a neckband and finished it with the twin needle. I will probably do this on future versions as well. This would be a great top to use my cover stitch machine on, but I will have to wait until my new sewing space is complete.
A remnant piece of grey merino and just like that.....version 2!