The fabric I chose was bought to make a dress last summer but the colours actually work quite well as a winter spring transitional dress. The fabric is stretch cotton sateen which I bought on Trademe. After reading countless reviews, I settled on New Look 6145. I didn't have the luxury of an online pattern sale this time so New Look was also economical to buy locally.
I cut the dress to size 10 and size 12 in the hips as per my usual sizing. Even before I lost weight, I found this style a little voluminous so ended up adding extra darts to the front of the dress. To do this I mimicked the back darts but on the front. It certainly helped to contain the volume but I think now it could probably benefit from running in a little more. I think though, I will wait until my weight stabilizes. I actually like the fit of my frankenpattern work dress better but prefer the sleeves on this one so another frankenpattern of my previous frankenpattern may be in order.