Papercut Anima Pants



Trousers scare the heck out of me!  I have made a few in my time but the fitting is tricky so the results can sometimes be mixed.  Throw weight loss into the mix and my need for trousers has out weighed any reservations over making them.  To combat my weight issue, and to cater to my impending camping trip, or should I say caravan trip, I opted to jump o the sport luxe bandwagon.  I couldn't however decide between the Papercut Anima trousers or the True Bias Hudson Pants.  In the end though, despit eing more expensive, I opted to use Papercut Anima, firstly because they have been in the market longer and secondly, I like to support New Zealand businesses where possible.  I was not disappointed.



Because I am impatient and to save money, I opted for the print at home option.  I cut my pattern to XS based on my measurements and shortened the legs 4cm.  I made the pants out of a piece of very thick rugby knit that was bought for school shorts when my eldest boy started school ten yeas ago but due to a uniform change, never got used.  A wearable muslin was a good choice for this quality, but not much use for anything else, piece of fabric.




To break up the navy, I trimmed the waist with a piece of contrasting beige rugby knit.

My only complaint with this pattern is the depth of the ankle band.  It is much too long for my liking but this may well prove a blessing in disguise because due to the passage of time, I am unsure whether this fabric was pre washed.  For now, I have opted just to fold them up.




I love these pants!  Okay, they probably aren't the most stylish addition to my wardrobe, but they are cozy.  

There is nothing like striking while the iron is hot!  I have since made two more pairs and have plans for a third!


If you are eagle eyed you may have also noticed a new Tessuti Alexa tee.  The day before I left for my camping trip, I decided I needed a matching tee.  I have had this piece of cotton lycra in my stash for a couple of years now and it was intitally ear marked for a Sewaholic Renfrew so this is not really such a big departure from the plan.

These photos were all taken at Lake Tekapo first thing on a crisp clear morning after an afternoon of snow.  I was wearing a thermal  underneath but by the time the boys and I had taken these photos and stopped to skim a few stones my hands were aching with the cold.  The things we do for a few outfit shots!

Comments

  1. Even with a pant sloper I still find pants tricky - every fabric is different, so it's not just a matter of cut and sew I find.
    You gotta love trackies for comfort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly comfortable and I love this pattern!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and practical, good combination.Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new tracky dacks look really nice! lovely colour, and so cosy and comfy looking too. Perfect for camping. I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes we had a lovely time. There is nothing like getting away to recharge our batteries.

      Delete
  4. Great work turning trackies into glam wear! I've tagged you for a blog hop. Check my latest blog post for details if your interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have never really been a fan if traditional trackies but these work for me.

      Delete
  5. This pattern seems to look good on everyone and your version is no exception. They are very flattering for casual pants. I'm pleased you're also getting your money's worth from the pattern! The location of your pictures is stunning. You always seem to go on such beautiful holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I am not really a trackies person or an elastic waist fan either, I debated about this pattern for weeks. I am glad I chose to go ahead because I really like these.

      Delete
  6. Very stylish and comfortable looking pants. Perfect outfit for a camping holiday and stunning scenery, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is beautiful in that area. When you live in a city it is easy to forget what is on your doorstep.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts