Getting My Ducks In A Row
My current project started as a recycling project but actually turned out to be quite an expensive one. I had an unused cardigan that had quite a bit of lovely merino wool in it. I wanted to upcycle it into something that I would actually wear. I decided to head to The Fabric Store for a little inspiration.
I ended up buying 70cm of this lovely but quite costly merino print with McCall's 6992 in mind. It wasn't until I got back to my car that I realised that the fabric I had chosen was actually ducks. Oh well, I have no objection to ducks which is just as well really.
I cut the pattern to a size 10 and made no alterations other than to shorten the sleeves. It was a really quick make and I am really happy with the final result. I particularly like the slight high/low hemline. I think this may well be my new favourite top!