Out and About Undercover Hoodie



I made a new hoodie.  I usually make a new one each year and this year is no exception.  This time however, I didn't use Jalie 2795, but invested in a new pattern.  I did have to think long and hard about buying a new pattern especially given it is quite a simple style and I could have drafted up something from what I already have, but time being a scarce resource these days, I decided to buy a new one.  I am really happy with my Papercut Anima pattern so Papercut was an easy go to choice.  I bought Papercut Undercover Hoodie in PDF format despite Papercut being a New Zealand company and postage in theory being quite quick because I really couldn't be bothered either driving across town to pick up a copy at The Fabric Store or waiting for postage plus the PDF version is slightly cheaper.




The fabric I chose was an online purchase which I bought from Backstreet Bargains via Trademe.  Buying sight unseen is a slight gamble and although this fabric is lovely quality, the small downside is the lack of stretch.  I have never come across a sweatshirting that has no stretch before but you learn something new every day.  For this reason the resulting sweatshirt is a little more snug than I would like through the hips but it is still comfortable to wear despite this.  I lined the hood with a piece of cotton interlock from my stash and for the cord, I stole an idea from one of my teenage sons hoodies and used a long shoe lace that was a spare that came with a pair of sneakers.  The bonus with this particular lace is the metallic bling which gives the boring grey sweatshirt a bit of bling.




Please do not look to closely at me in the top photo.  This is what I look like after I have climbed from the bottom of the Port Hills to the Summit Road.  I try to walk this track once a week.   My Fitbit tells me it is 150 floors so I do look a little the worse for wear with no makeup and a hoodie on a warm day....keeping it real!  This track is quite exposed so when the autumn wind does decide to bite, I will be nice and toasty in my new hoodie.

Comments

  1. Nice hoody and awesome view from your walking track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The view from the top makes the walk up the hill worthwhile

      Delete
  2. You look lovely and cozy, and you get such a lovely view as payoff for the excercise! Is it a glacial lake? Or a sound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very cozy on a day in the mid twenties!

      There are no glacial lakes near where I live, it is too warm. This is Lyttelton Harbour.

      Delete
  3. You will get so much wear from this. What a great view from the top of your walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halfway up this track I wonder why I am subjecting myself to such exercise but when I reach the top and see this I am reminded why.

      Delete
  4. Hi Andrea

    What part of Christchurch do you live in? I live in Halswell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great pattern. I haven't had a new hoodie in years and really need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good pattern so worth the rather expensive purchase price.

      Delete
  6. My favourite hoodie is grey. I love this. I had never lined a hood and that looks like a great idea. Sorry to hear about your bereavement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts