Stylearc Kendall Knit Top



To trial a new pattern I try to find either remnants or op shop fabrics in my collection because there is no guarantee the pattern is going to be a keeper and Stylearc Kendall is no exception.
I ordered a size 8 pattern and found a piece of purple merino and red synthetic knit in my remnant stash to trial the pattern out.

This top is actually a mixed bag.  I love the collar and the fit of the sleeves but find the body is a bit big.  The yoke also pulls upwards and I think this has something to do with the way the collar sits.  I love this collar and would like to use this part of the pattern again but probably wouldn't make the top again in it's present form.  I would need to think about how I make the collar work without the dragging but if I could get it to work, it would make a lovely collar for a winter knit dress.


Comments

  1. Possibly a FBA, it seems to need a bit more fabric to go under the bust line. I am working on fitting a similar pattern right now, and will need to do that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't a full bust adjustment that is required. The collar needs re drafting. It pulls towards the front of the top and drags the shoulder seams backwards.

      Delete
  2. I agree, with more length at the bustline over the girls, from an FBA, the collar will sit properly. Good luck, I love that kind of collar also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a first! I am a b cup so a full bus adjustment is a strange concept! What I need to do I think is put a seam in the collar at the back and add a wedge.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of making a winter dress with that collar. Hope you work out the fit issues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts