Diamond Print Jalie 3352 Merino



Despite previously making Jalie 3352 earlier this season in four different versions, I figured just one more was in order.  Did I need it?  No, not at all, but a trip to The Fabric Store and their very tempting remnant bin yielded the lovely black merino with a diamond print in grey and fortuitously a remnant of black merino from the op shop was already residing in my stash.  My current resolve to make any new fabrics entering my stash and to resist the temptation to stash horde pushed me to make this up and not hold onto it until next winter.


I made a polo neck adaption of Jalie 3352 using Tessuti Monroe Turtle Neck earlier in the season and really like it so I knew that another wouldn't go astray.  It was a quick and easy adaption.  I simply laid my Monroe pattern on top of the Jalie and cut the new neckline.


This was quick to make up.  I have made so many different versions of this pattern now that no measuring or instructions are necessary.  The entire top was whipped up on my overlocker and the hem and sleeve hem finished on my coverstitch machine.


I really like the top, especially the slightly lower back hem.  It not only accompanied my to Sydney recently it has been in regular rotation in my work wardrobe as well.  


Comments

Popular Posts