Kielo Wrap Dress



 The Kielo Wrap Dress by Named Clothing is one of those patterns that really didn't get my attention when it was released, but did after scores of sewists got behind it and some lovely versions started to show up on Instagram.  Even then it took quite some time before I actually committed and bought it.  I had mixed results from their Inari Tee dress which may have put me off a little but a rather large proliferation of knits in my stash pushed me over the edge.

















The fabric I chose for my test version is a cotton lycra in marl grey with a tiny maroon pin stripe that I picked up on the sale table at Fabric Vision for $3.00 per metre, an absolute steal!  I ended up buying around 5 metres of it which is why I also used it for my Tessuti Monroe turtleneck.

The pattern is drafted for someone who is quite a bit taller than my 160cm self, so to ensure the waist ended up hitting me at an appropriate level, I printed the pattern at 94% and just went up a couple of sizes more than my measurements indicated.


Most of the construction was done on the overlocker with the hems finished on the coverstitch.

The only thing I have to say about this pattern is, why did I wait so long?  I love this style, although the length of this one, even though quite current, I feel is less than flattering and really could do with shortening to above the knee .  Maybe I will shorten it and maybe I won't but I will definitely make another and this time I plan to make a summer version.

Comments

  1. I have dithered over that pattern forever! Maybe you’ve convinced me, though my sewing time is so little it might be months before I finished one. Still.....yours is just as lovely as all I’ve seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really quick to make so it might be a good one for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts