Burdastyle 04/2013 in that Fabric



 I have made the Burdastyle Shift from 04/2013 four times before, here as a top, here as a dress, I mashed it up with another pattern to make this top and more recently to make this dress which has now been recycled into a Sierra Playsuit.




So what is different about my current dress?  Not a lot really, I picked the best bits of all of my previous versions and created this dress.  I left off the neck facing binding thingy which would make the neckline too high and instead made a full lining in cotton poplin.  I increased the bust darts because I found them a little inadequate on me and added a smidge to the side seams to create a little more ease and also raised the armhole a couple of centimeters.   I also left out the zip, preferring to add a slit at the back and a hook closure.


The fabric I used doesn't really need any introduction.  This linen cotton fabric was all over Instagram last summer when everyone shopped at Spotlight on the same day I think!  I bought mine this year with this exact dress in mind.  I also loved the look of Tessuti's Bondi dress and did briefly consider buying it but when I thought about it, it really there isn't much difference to this pattern, so as the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it.


Once I had finished my dress, I popped a ootd photo on Instagram and I was informed that Dolce and Gabanna had a very similar dress in their collection. It appears I am right on trend then!


I have worn this dress a lot.  It is fabulous in the heat both as a work appropriate dress and as seen here with my jandals (flip flops/thongs depending on where you live) as a beach dress.  In fact I love it so much that I have made another one!




Comments

Popular Posts