Burda Style Dress
After the success of my Burdastyle 04/2013 top, I shopped my stash and found some lovely medium weight op shop linen in the darkest of browns. On showing it to Courteney she vetoed the whole idea. I slept on it a bit longer but could not give up on my linen shift so I dug around in my stash a bit deeper and found a piece of yellowing vintage lace that my mother had gifted me.
After a bath in bleach the now snow white lace was destined to be my trim. I cut the lace so as to just avoid the bust darts and proceeded to assemble my dress identically to the top overlaying the lace on my dress front only.
Unfortunately I forgot all about my previous dart and side seam alterations so a certain amount of unpicking was required.
Once again, unlike the pattern, I finished the keyhole back, button loop, neckline and armholes with self made binding. I then hand stitched the lace across the front, just catching every third circle of lace.
I really like the end result and while not voluminous as Tessuti's version it is cool and comfortable to wear.