New Season, New Pyjamas


The start of the cooler season necessitated new pyjamas.   My current winter pair are a couple of winters old now and although are still in good condition, my older pairs are not so a new pair was in order.

The patterns I chose are really a no brainer for me.  I love the Closet Case Carolyn Pants and teamed with a Tessuti Alexa long sleeve tee I have the perfect tnt pair of pyjamas.

I had the fabric for the pants put aside for a couple of winters now, as it was originally acquired from Courteney who bought it and changed her mind.  It is a little too pretty for her but perfect for me.  I didn't however have any suitable fabric for the tee.  Courteney again came to the rescue with a piece of rayon lycra knit from her stash.  The colour isn't a perfect match but certainly close enough.  The pink trim for the pants was rescued from my scrap bin and the elastic was from my stash so all in all this was a very cheap exercise.



I had to cut the pyjamas width wise on the fabric because I discovered I didn't have enough fabric.  This means the birds are flying in the wrong direction but the fabric is busy enough that it is hardly noticeable and since know one will see these and it doesn't bother me, isn't a big deal.  To make the pocket I then simply cut the fabric along the selvedge using the frayed edge as the top of the pocket.



When the frosts do come now, I will be ready for them in my pretty cosy new pyjamas.

Comments

Popular Posts