Sweet As



A couple of months ago now, I was at The Fabric Store with Courteney when she bought this silk fabric that I can't remember the composition of now, maybe twill, because it is quite a beefy silk.  At the time I resisted the temptation to buy some as well but after she had made hers up I gave in.  It was lovely to work with and the Grainline Archer she made it into was really lovely and quite fun.  I had also seen posts popping up all over the place featuring this fabric.  At this point, I think I was meant to have it.



I bought a metre with the intention of making a sleeveless shell top to wear under jackets but The Fabric Store are often quite generous with their cutting and I ended up with more like a metre and a half.  Rather than let the extra fabric go to waste, I decided to make Stylearc Sadie Tunic.  First though I needed to make a wearable muslin.  This is where I put the cart before the horse with this post because this is not the wearable muslin and I am yet to blog that!  Now I decided after the wearable muslin that I would make this top slightly different to my wearable muslin and mash it up with McCall's 7542 to make a shorter top and use the McCall's neckline which, spoiler alert, I like better.  The sleeves on the Stylearc Sadie though, are a gorgeous design detail but it did give my brain a bit of a workout.  I had to twist each of them in opposite directions which I didn't get on my first go with this one.  You can see if you can look very carefully, that I had to use a bit of creative license also with this. I didn't have quite enough fabric for the twist and had to sneak in a extra seam.



Because McCall's 7542 is a favourite of mine and I had made the Sadie Tunic before, this top was really quick to put together and comes as no surprise that I love the finished top.  You could say this is quite a sweet top.  See what I did there!  I wore it to work on Monday, and quite surprisingly know one commented on the fact I was wearing a top plastered with Liquorice Allsorts.  They are probably quite used to my love of colour by now, so didn't even notice.  


Comments

Popular Posts