Linen Merchant & Mills Fielder Top Version 3




Way back in February when I was making Merchant and Mills Fielder tops like there was no tomorrow,  I made another that hadn't made it to the blog up until this point.  

I am trying to reduce the amount of remnants that are currently invading my stash.  I think I have more useful leftovers than I have uncut stash fabrics!  I had a piece of Spotlight linen left over from my tnt Burdastyle dress that has been worn a ton over summer and rather than stash it, I decided to make it up into another Fielder top.  I had to visit The Fabric Store to buy a piece of solid green linen to go with it which was a little counter productive to the whole remnant reducing exercise because I now have a solid green remnant left over after cutting out the sleeves.  I also had to buy ribbing because it turns out the background of this popular leaf linen is actually not true white but more of an off white.  So in the end this was less of a remnant busting exercise and more of an excuse to use up a piece of fabric that I love, with a pattern I love into a top that hopefully will also see a lot of love.


Despite the fact that the palm leafed fabric screams summer, this top has proven to be quite a good trans seasonal top and has been worn heaps over the last couple of months with jeans and culottes and sneakers.  Will there be more of these?  Yes, probably, if I can dream up a different fabric combination that is not just another rehash of what I already have.

Comments

  1. I don't know how I missed previous Fielder tops, but this one sure caught my attention. It's a neat pattern and yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It isn't hard to work out it is a favourite of mine!

      Delete
  2. This is a beaut! I really like the fabric combos, so while it might not have reduced your scraps, at least using a leftover led to a really cool mix-and-match up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts