Using Precious Fabrics





A couple of years ago I bought myself this piece of Liberty Lantana from The Fabric Store's winter sale.  I put it in my stash thinking I would have a plan for it by the following winter.  The following winter came and went and due to being paralyzed with indecision it never got made up.  Despite still being undecided this winter, I really needed to make this piece up as it was part of my planned grey/pink winter capsule.


Last week while the sun was shining and the daffodils were starting to bloom, I threw caution to the wind and made the fabric into a Grainline Archer.  It is a favourite of mine and even though I have a healthy collection of them already, I knew it would also become a favourite.  Sometimes it is worth just going with what works and this is especially true of treasured fabrics.  I can take risks with op shop or remnant fabrics and if  it doesn't work out it is no big deal.


I love my new shirt just as much as I thought I would and I have to say it was very tempting to fill that gap in my stash with another piece of Liberty Lantana from The Fabric Store's latest sale.  I did however resist the temptation and saved myself two years worth of stress in the process!

Comments

Popular Posts