Little Black Dress

Much has been made over the years, of the versatility of the little black dress.  I have owned one in the past but amazingly, considering the amount of black in my wardrobe, I don't currently have one.  Does your go to dress really have to be black though?  I think not!  I thought I would have a play with yesterdays dress and see really, how far it would take me.  I have only just scratched the surface here as I am sure, if I put my mind to it, I could create a lot more uses for this dress, out of the contents of my wardrobe.  I don't own a lot of clothes.  I think I may have been a minimalist in a previous life.  The clothes I do have, need to be versatile to keep up with the demands of my family.  My go to items are usually, boots and merinos for winter and flats and tees for spring and sandals and jandals for summer.  Summers where I live are generally hot but fleeting, only December, January and February so a dress dedicated to sun worship is a luxury.

A trip to the beach.....

Lunch at the cafe....


A day at the office.....

An autumnal walk in the park....


In the last photo the boots and merino lasted all of 5 minutes because it is way to warm to be dressed like this at the moment.  Just as well I took the photo at 8.30am!

Comments

  1. That is a very nice print dress... though I wouldn't really call it a LBD. I don't have a (little) black dress either, although I am thinking it is about time I rectified that wardrobe omission...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts