One I Prepared Earlier


I thought I would get a head start on my Christmas shopping yesterday.  Because of the earthquake the city centre is still largely cordoned off so any shopping is restricted to malls.  I have a feeling these will get even more insanely busy once the real Christmas rush begins so I want to be prepared.


This dress was made last summer using Butterick 6067.  The fabric is a stretch woven cotton.  I made it to wear to an engagement party but because it is cotton it translates well into a casual dress as well.  Because the air conditioning in the malls can be a little cool, I paired the dress with a black tee which turns what was designed as a sundress into a tunic come pinafore.  Because of the lycra content, this dress is extremely comfortable to wear so no doubt will become a favourite over the summer.

Comments

Popular Posts