Silk Sewaholic Belcarra




One thing that is very much lacking in my work wardrobe is plain tops that can be worn with just about everything.  While I was on holiday at Christmas I popped into The Fabric Store and came away with a remnant of silk crepe. 


I pondered for a while about what I was going to make with my remnant but it had to be simple.  The last time I made Sewaholic Belcarra, I removed the sleeve raglan seam and added a seam across the back creating a back yoke.  I added width to the remaining back section centre back so I could make an inverted pleat, if that makes any sense!

The top wasn't entirely an easy make.  This fabric moved and slipped all over the place.  I got so frustrated with it, that it sat on my dress form for a week or more before I hemmed it which was probably a good thing because boy did it drop.


The top being white is not the easiest to photograph but I have tried to darken the photos as much as possible to show the detail but it still isn't easy to see.

My new top has been a very useful addition to my summer and autumn wardrobe.  Yes, this one has been made for a while so photographs are a long time coming.  I am currently trying to get a couple of items per week photographed so I have no excuse for not getting them up on here.

Comments

  1. Beautiful top Andrea, and it will go with so many other things. A very useful addition to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts