Spring Tees




Tessuti Lola and Tessuti Alexa are two of my favourite tee patterns.  I like the neckline and sleeve of the Lola and the shape of the Alexa.  For my latest tees I decided to hack both patterns and to create what I hoped would be my ultimate tee.  The third tee I made using Jalie's raglan pattern.



Now to rewind this story a little bit, I bought all 3 of the spotted fabrics at Spotlight before my holiday in New York.  I could blame it on my muddled before holiday brain or just not using my brain altogether, but for some reason I bought not enough of each piece to make an actual tee shirt.  The fabric was bought on sale and by the time I realised my mistake the sale was over so I was faced with buying more fabric full price or finding some other solution to the fabric shortage issue.  After my initial panic attack, I decided to sleep on it and came up with the idea to combine the fabrics with remnant fabrics from my bin.  I know, my solution was hardly ingenious but it did solve two problems,  I got to use my lovely metallic spotted knit but also clear out some of the larger striped knits in my bin at the same time.  Even using my striped knits I still had to piece the tee fronts at the shoulder.  You have to look really hard to see this and I actually really struggled with the decision to do this but the magic wardrobe certainly resolved any qualms I had about this decision.




At the start of each season I like to update my tee collection because despite not wearing tees to work, I do wear them almost daily.  These three have fit into my wardrobe nicely and have been worn on my holiday and on my return home.




Comments

Popular Posts