Silk/Cotton Ogden Cami





 I was commenting to my daughter, before Christmas, that I was a bit short of sleeveless tops for the summer.  I had intended to buy a couple but she suggested I make a couple of Ogden Camis to fill the gap.  My fabric cupboard is bursting with leftover pieces of fabric that are too good to throw away but too small to make into much so this was actually a really good suggestion.

I found in my stash this lovely silk cotton that is left over from this top that is still a favourite.  I didn't have quite enough to make a cami without piecing it so this is exactly what I did.  I added an almost invisible wedge to the back at the side seam so that I could get a cami out.   I also used a piece of white poplin from my stash to make the facings due to fabric constraints.



There really isn't a lot to say about this pattern that I haven't said before.  It makes a great summer staple and has been used so many times that it really is relegated to tnt status.  I have to say, that being bigger than a b/c cup that it is intended for, I am not in love with it, but it is not a deal breaker enough to get out pen and paper to redraft it to a more suitable cut for my shape.  Maybe I will get to that next summer!











Ogden Cami
Fabric (left over) $0.00
Pattern (used before) $0.00
Total $0.00


Comments

Popular Posts