The Zadie Jumpsuit I Intended To Make
A couple of posts ago you may have seen my Zadie jumpsuit that I unintentionally made. I had this fabric on the table and my pattern laid out when I got cold feet. You see, this fabric is a lovely piece of stretch linen that Minerva Crafts gifted to me and I really didn't want to sacrifice it on anything that I didn't love. Fortunately my original jumpsuit was a triumph rather than a failure so my plans weren't thrown out at all, just shelved for a week or so.
Once again I used my pattern printed at 94% but this time I reduced the rise in the pants by 1.5cm because the crepe pair are slightly long. This doesn't really matter with a drapey crepe but this fabric doesn't have quite the drape and I felt that it needed reducing just a tad.
Being the second time I have made this, it was super quick to whip up and because I nailed the fit with the first version, trying it on during construction was kept to a minimum.
A bright blue jumpsuit is a complete departure from my usual style and I must admit that my daughter did try to talk me out of it. I was a little unsure but I had seen this pattern made in all sorts of colours and prints so threw caution to the wind and I am pleased I did. I love this version as much as my first. It isn't something I would ever wear to work but does make a very easy to wear weekend outfit with sneakers or sandals. I would call this a win!
Fabric (gifted) $0.00
Pattern (used before) $0.00