Just One More Hacked Merino Turtleneck


I had absolutely no intention of adding any more merino tees to my collection this winter because really I have way more than I really need despite them being workhorses of my winter wardrobe, until I visited The Fabric Store looking for something else entirely!

I came across this lovely piece of merino/polypropelene that was just begging to be taken home.  It isn't often that you come across merino in prints.  A bit of research later and I discovered that it had been previously made into Helly Hansen base layers.   This appears to be an American ski brand, although not one I had heard of.


This was another of those super qui
ck projects.  I used Tessuti Alexa as my pattern of choice and hacked on the neckband of the Tessuti Monroe.  For a top I didn't need, this has become another favourite of late, having been taken to Queenstown and worn just as an outer layer on my return home.


Pattern (used before) $0.00
Fabric $28.00
Total $28.00

Comments

  1. Lovely top and I'll bet it is nice and cozy. Helly Hensen is actually a Norwegian brand. The fabric blend of wool and polypropylene was new to me so I went online to look at HH tops in this fabric. This is not an inexpensive brand. There was a top in the same blend in a similar print, which cost about 4 times as much as yours was to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not surprised. Anything with merino in it doesn't come cheap.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts