Stylearc Elle Pants x 3

There was no time for whipping up pants even if they were elastic waisted pants that I could just about sew with my eyes shut.  So while I was in Queenstown, I just planned instead.  When I returned home though, they were the first 3 cabs off the rank.  I tend to like to make my first project after a holiday a simple one anyway.


Three weeks before I left for Queenstown, I ordered some fabric tomake Stylearc Elle Pants for work.  It had been a particularly wet cold couple of weeks and in an act of desperation, I ordered some Bengaline from Supercheap Fabrics in Australia.  Unfortunately for me my order no sooner made it to the airport when Melbourne was locked down once again.  Now, I was certainly not going to trivialize the devastating effects of Covid by complaining about my now grounded fabric package but I must admit to secretly berating myself for not ordering my fabric just a few days earlier.  The lovely people at Supercheap Fabrics, did try to get me information as to when my parcel would be shipped but after being told that sea freight was the only option still open and checking on my tracking details every day, I had pretty much given up receiving it before my impending holiday.  It was a pleasant surprise then to have it arrive the day before my departure. 



The first two pairs I made were the plaid ones and quickly followed by the grey and black ones that Supercheap call Tik Tak (woops almost typed Tik Tok there).  



For the last pair, which are the rust pair, I planned to make them look a little jeans like.  To do this, I cut a yoke in the back, added a fake fly to the front then also added jean pockets using my Ginger pocket piece.  For the top stitching, I used some gold stitching.  Rather than use proper top stitching thread on this pair though, I used regular thread and triple stitch.  I did this because I was a little concerned about the stitches popping because the bengaline is so stretchy.



I am really happy with how all three pairs turned out.  I am most surprised how I like the Tik Tak pair.  I really only ordered this fabric to make the postage worthwhile.  My favourite pair are the rust coloured pair and I am really pleased with the topstitching and how jeans like they look.  Best of all though, all three are really comfortable.  Now I have a black blazer sized hole in my wardrobe that I really need to remedy because a blazer would look so good with all 3 pairs.  I best get cracking then, before spring officially arrives.


Pattern (used before) $0.00
Fabrics x 3 $68.82
Elastic (from stash) $0.00
Total $68.82


Comments

  1. The Elle pants pattern is such a great staple. I’ve lost count of how many pairs I’ve made. Your three new pairs look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three look great, but I especially like the rust brown pair worn with the black floral fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rust ones are my favourite and goes so well with my favourite rtw top.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts