Tessuti Berlin V2


When Tessuti Berlin was released, I was unimpressed.  In fact, I was unimpressed for quite some time, even when this jacket was reaching almost cult status. That was until I happened across a couple of pieces of boiled wool on Fabric Vision's sale table last winter.  The black piece was just begging to be made into this coat so this is exactly what I did.  To my surprise, this coat remains one of my most worn wardrobe items and behind my ubiquitous puffer jacket, is my most worn coat.  It is no surprise then that I have now made the second piece I purchased into another Berlin Coat.













When Tessuti released this pattern, one of their samples had a leather trim on the sleeves and down the front.  I wanted to replicate this with mine.  I had a piece of faux leather in my scrap bin and simply cut strips which I folded in half and inserted between the front and back pieces and the facings and also between the sleeve and sleeve facings and pocket and pocket facings. This did slow the making process up a tad because I had to take care not to stretch out the wool while sewing in the leatherette.  Even taking this into account, this was one of those one day projects.





I am really pleased with how the jacket turned out.  Because
 it is floral, it certainly won't receive the wear that the plain version will, but I am sure when I work out how to style it, it will be worn heaps both as part of my work and weekend wardrobes.




It may be nearly the end of winter, but if today's  weather is anything to go by this coat will still see some wear before spring is here to stay permanently.

Pattern (used before) $0.00
Fabric $15.00
Total $15.00

Comments

  1. That looks great, fun use of the fabric. Although I can't comprehend any of the Tessuti coat patterns, unlined coats just don't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely see why they don't line their coats, it just doesn't get cold enough in Australia to need it in most parts. Usually in New Zealand you would but I am generally commuting via car so an unlined coat does the job nicely.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts