Love Notions Rhapsody Blouse


 As is quite often the case, I came across Love Notions quite by accident.  I was scrolling through my IG feed and I can't even remember whose project it was, but it immediately jumped out at me.  I checkout out the Rhapsody Blouse hashtag and was sold.  This blouse was going on my to make list.  This in itself is not startling because there are so many things that make this list that are never realised but I just couldn't let go of this one.  I have been looking for a blouse like this for soo long and even contemplated drafting my own when it popped into my feed.  I knew this would become part of my spring makes list and also knew that if the fit was right, it would become a tnt.




I downloaded the pattern, paying full price for it, a week before a sale, sigh!  I found this pattern a complete head scratcher.  I followed the print at home instructions and then couldn't for the life of me work out how to put it together.  I was so unsure about my taping efforts that I gave up and printed the copyshop version before digging through my stash and finding my favourite rayon fabric that I had been lovingly admiring for the past, maybe, 5 years.  Yes you read right, five years!  It was time it was made.  I knew it was a risk cutting out an unknown to me pattern from an unknown to me designer but I threw caution to the wind and did it anyway.


Because I tend to be a 10 NZ sizing in the top half and 12 in the bottom half, I opted to add a little extra room at the hips and graded up a size in this area, despite fitting their size guidelines.  Because the fabric I had chosen is rayon, I figured a little extra room was never going to be a bad thing and gave me the option of wearing this out over pants or a shirt or a French tuck which I tend to do.

I have to say, this top was a super quick make, even taking into account making my own binding.  The fit is spot on and it is lovely to wear.  I can see more of these in my future.


Comments

  1. Such a pretty blouse. How brave to use your special fabric for a new to you pattern, you must be so pleased with the gorgeous result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased. It is most unlike me to use fabric I love for a first trial.

      Delete
  2. I love this top. I've made it in rayon challis, a fine chambray and a lightweight woven wool challis. It really is a great pattern.
    Loved your version and now thinking of remaking it again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts