Stylearc Lola Pants and Mandy Boat Tee

 


A couple of months ago I went to a sale of  yet another manufacturer that was closing up its work room.  I find this very sad, as I think the world really needs to buy local for the sake of the planet.  The quality of anything made in that workroom would far surpass anything made offshore but I guess you can only fight fast fashion for so long as a business before you have to give the customer what they want, sigh!  Anyway, New Zealand fashions loss ended up being my gain, because I walked away with this large roll of black stretch technical type suiting.  It is super soft and drapey and best of all has stretch.  I can see many pairs of pants made in this in my future.

For my first pair of pants, I decided that I lacked a pair of comfortable pants that looked put together enough that I could wear them to work yet also throw them on with a tee and sneakers.  I have had Stylearc Lola in my pattern collection for literally years but never made it up.  This is probably because of a lack of suitable fabric in my stash;  not any more!!



The pattern I had was a size 10.  I can range from a 10 to 12 in Stylearc Patterns but I decided to give the 10 a go because it appeared to be reasonably generous.


This pattern is designed so that pocket zips can be inserted but I decided for this, my trial pair that I would leave them out.

These pants were a really quick make and I have to say, I really love how they turned out.  If I was to make them again and I am pretty sure I will, I think I would make the front flat waist panel slightly longer because in my mind it looks a little insignificant.  I think it would look better if the end of the panel lined up with the pockets.  This is just a small niggle on what has become my new favourite pants.  If I was to make them in a non woven I would size up but the only other change I would be tempted to make is to raise the back rise just a smidge.


To go with my new favourite pants, I in true form, have been remnant shopping again.  This time at Drapers Fabrics.  I picked up this lovely Tencel knit in surprise, surprise, a stripe!  It was destined to become a tee right from the beginning and I wasted no time getting it made up.  I made the size 1 Tessuti Mandy Boat Tee with the size 2 sleeves because I find they tend to be a little tight.

Pants

Pattern $15.00
Fabric $21.00
Elastic $2.70
Total $38.70

Tee
Pattern (free) $0.00
Fabric $19.83
Total $19.83


Comments

  1. That stretch suiting sounds like a great find! Both pieces look very versatile, too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts