Upcycled Merchant and Mills Fielder

 


After making my Inari Tee Dress. I had quite a bit of fabric left, so put this aside intending to use it for another project.  The issue with this fabric is, it is a very crinkly crinkle linen and quite an open weave so deciding what to make with it is a bit of a challenge.  It is also not the easiest of fabric to work with. Once pressed the fabric becomes quite distorted.  This is why the  Inari Tee Dress which I made with this fabric was one of my less than successful projects.  Rather than bin it though, I just popped it aside with the intention of reusing the fabric for something else.




That something else ended up being this Merchant and Mills Fielder.  I cut the body pieces from the leftovers and the sleeves from the failed dress.  The ribbing was also left over from another project. The Merchant and Mills Fielder Top ended up being a good choice for this fabric because the bands just hold the very fluid fabric together into some semblence of a structed garment.  Art teacher chic although great on some people is not my bag.


I have made Merchant and Mills Fielder more times than I can now count both for myself and my daughter.  Only once have I made the dress, preferring the top, although the dress does get worn a lot over spring and on cooler summer days.  I find the top is a great pattern for using leftovers and just fits into my wardrobe so well.  I think this one will be no exception.  I now have plans to add a another scrap Fielder to my collection really soon so watch this space!




Comments

Popular Posts