Altered Raglan Sleeve Tee
A year ago I made an altered raglan sleeve tee by taking the sleeve and adapting it to a more full version. I was really happy with how this worked out so it was time to revisit it.
My latest version is made in partnership with Minerva.com. As a brand ambassador, Minerva gifted me this piece in return for a blog post. The fabric I have used is a lovely cotton elastane jersey with a cream background and this lovely teal design. It is lovely quality and I had such a difficult time deciding what to make from it because I really wanted to do the fabric justice. I had initially planned on making a dress but have recently been made redundant from my job and given I have no idea what my future employment will look like, I decided I wanted to make a top that could be worn for both casual or more dressed up as required.
Because I have made this raglan version before, this was a pretty quick make. As pattern hacks go this was pretty easy. I simply traced off the regular raglan sleeve and squared down from the underarm to give the lower sleeve more fullness. I then divided the entire centre sleeve vertically in 3cm strips which I slashed and spread a further 3cm. I wanted to add an elastic casing at the neckline of my sleeve so added a further 2.5cm to account for my neckband and then 1.5cm more so I could create the casing. I also added a further 3cm to the hem to create an elastic cased hem.
The fabric was lovely to work with and even my coverstitch machine performed like a charm.
I really love the finished top so much so that it was a favourite on my recent trip to Queenstown and Kaikoura.