Lander Pants in Stretch Linen Look Cotton

 


I have had this lovely stretch cotton with a linen look weave in olive and yellow in my stash for a couple of years now.  I originally bought it to make pants and was planning on making Closet Core Sasha Pants because this is my favourite flat front pants pattern.  Recently though, I have been wanting to make another pair of True Bias Lander Pants.  With a jeans vibe but not strictly looking like jeans, I knew these would fit into my work wardrobe nicely.  There is a disclaimer that comes with this post; these pants have been finished and ready for photographs since January.  I tried several times to take photographs but for some reason every time the light washed them out, so here we are, five months later and with pants intended as office pants.




This pattern is a great option for me because it pretty much fits straight out of the packet and the few changes I have made have been drafted straight on to my pattern.  I tend to make regular jeans pockets and use my Ginger curved waist band.  This time though, I included a tummy pocket stay because I find the pockets can tend to poke out and don't sit flat.  This also makes sure that my fabric doesn't stretch out during the course of the day.  The bag of discarded business shirts yielded once again for this.  As per my previous pairs, I included a zip closure instead of the buttons as drafted just because this is my personal preference.





For this pair, given they were intended as office pants, I chose to leave off the rivets, instead opting for bar tacks sewn at strategic wear points.  These are a little more subtle and I actually quite like the effect.  I also top stitched in regular thread instead of top stitching thread which also sped the entire construction up quite considerable as well.




I love how these pants turned out.  They have already been road tested during a work day and held up really well.  They will make a great addition to both my summer,  transitional wardrobe and and actually work really well for a warm winters day like today.



Comments

Popular Posts