Papercut Patterns Stacker Jacket

 


I try not to be seduced by pattern sales any more than fabric sales but sometimes I am powerless to resist a good sale.  The Papercut Patterns Stacker Jacket fell into this category.  I bought this pattern and one other in a sale way back at the beginning of the year from memory.  Fortunately this purchase did stick in my memory because often they don't.  It was always on my to make list for this year and I hoped that I had fabric for the jacket in my overflowing stash.  I still have a goal of stash reduction and have been doing  a pretty good job, having reduced it by approximately 30% in the last year.  I hope to keep going and get it down to a small manageable size in the next year or so.  As they say, the most sustainable clothing is the clothing you already have and I suspect the same would apply to fabric stashes as well.



The fabric I chose was a lovely wool flannel in burgundy with a blue fleck running through it.  To match the blue fleck, I had a piece of navy blue satin also in my stash that was left over from a jacket I made for my daughter way back in 2015.  Both fabrics were originally sourced from the op shop (charity shop) some years prior to that so they have been in my stash for too long.





I made the jacket to the size indicated by Papercut Patterns and I am really happy with how well the fit worked out.  The instructions were really clear ensuring a lovely finished jacket.  The only change I made was to line my pockets in the blue satin.  I did this to make them a little sturdier in my lighter weight wool and also because it made them easier to construct.

To finish the jacket, I had the perfect enamel buttons which were also from my stash.


I love the finished jacket.   It has already proven to be a versatile addition to my wardrobe.  While it isn't a very heavy jacket, more often than not, I am just hopping from my car to my venue anyway.  It will certainly make a great transitional jacket as we head into spring.  I also like that it isn't too formal and looks equally good teamed with a pullover as a dress.  Will I make it again!  Yes I think so and I am already keeping my eyes peeled for fabric for a more summery version.

Comments

Popular Posts