I made some more new pants. Not just any pants, but a departure from my usual style. Yes, I have joined the printed pants revolution. I am not usually a fan of anything with an elastic waist until I made these.
I downloaded the Tessuti Anita Ponti Pants pattern on Friday night and printed the 34 odd pages on Saturday morning. By lunch time it was taped together, cut out and ready for sewing. I did have one small problem with this pattern. My measurements dictated that I should cut out a size 6 but after pining the pattern pieces together, it quickly became apparent that this wouldn't fit. I then read on the pattern that the sizing was Australian sizing which is also the same as New Zealand sizing. Right, I am a size 10 here at home so this is what I cut out. I think the measurements and the seam allowances in inches causes confusion. An Australian pattern in my opinion should be in metrics, and not a combination of metrics and imperial. Right, gripe and confusion out of the way, these went together pretty easily.
The fabric I chose is a lovely light weight ponti from Lincraft which I picked up in their 30 percent off sale. The only change I made was to run the ankles in by 1cm.
Anyho, I was determined to wear these today despite the 25 degree air temperature. Today, for our walk around the giant buiding site which is our city centre, I am wearing my new pants with my white Maria Denmark tee.
And the verdict.....well there will definitely be more!