Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Little Beachy


We have just returned from a very relaxing week camping in our new caravan at the beach.  We sold our previous caravan and bought a new one in Autumn last year so this was our inaugural summer holiday in our new caravan.  

In order to inject a little personality into an otherwise beige environment, I dug through my stash and came up with some beachy colourful remnants of fabric to make some holiday inspired cushion covers.  

The blue linen was a piece that I bought to make one of my boys some curtains and stitched stripes of natural wool to add texture. After hanging my sample I quickly changed my mind and a large piece of this fabric was tossed into the cupboard for future use. The beige linen backing was a sample that I had previously ear marked for cushions for the house.  All of the other fabrics are remnants from various projects.

The first cushion was actually inspired by a similar one I had seen on the internet (source unknown) but the second cushion was copied off the shape of our actual caravan with a little bunting thrown in for good measure.  I did have a wee smile when I arrived at our holiday spot to find an actual caravan site decorated with a very similar bunting!



I am very happy with how these two turned out and did have plans for a third in an equally summery design but the demands of Christmas got in the way.  Maybe this can be my project for next summer!

2 comments:

  1. These are just so cute. Perfect for a caravanning holiday at the beach. Great that you used fabric from your stash too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The stash busting is the best part!

      Delete