Tessuti Lola Tees
I downloaded the pattern and it seemed like spent forever taping it up and set to work with a remnant in my stash. I couldn't decide which size to make up and based on my measurements chose size medium. I neglected to take negative ease into account and unfortunately version one is too big. Never mind, I will just have to wear a camisole underneath. The pattern just left the sleeves with a raw edge to roll but I didn't like this finish so added 1.5cm to the length and hemmed them with twin needling.
Version two, I made out of much stretchier fabric and went down to size small. I cut the neckline a couple of centimetres higher and added 1cm to the width of the neck. This proved to be a much better size for me. I don't know quite what went wrong with the stripe matching though! Who am I kidding, I know exactly what went wrong! I rushed the cutting of this and matched the stripes at the shoulder. I should have matched them under the arm. They do meet up but the colours don't match...doh!
The verdict though! I love this tee! It is very forgiving of Christmas goodies and those 4pm drinks and nibbles in the sun! It is a definite winner in my book and there will be more when I find the right fabric. As simple as this top is, I actually took the time to read the instructions and I am glad I did. I finally found the secret to perfect neckline ribbing. The instructions, although in imperial measurements (what is up with that Tessuti), have you divide the back neck in half and remove 3/4" for each section of neckband and repeat with the front. It works perfectly and is something I will repeat on other tops. Thanks Tessuti! This is now my new TNT.