Lucky 13th





A few days before Christmas when the weather for camping was looking less than favourable, I made a snap decision to whip up another hoodie.  I had ordered a new pattern from StyleArc which didn't arrive in time but not to be deterred I whipped out my trusty Jalie 2795 pattern.  This is version 13 of this pattern, which may be unlucky for some but this hoody went together like a dream.





I did make a couple of changes though!  This pattern does not include a front facing down the zip length which has always bothered me because when the zip is down slightly, the stitching and reverse of the zip shows.  My trusty Billabong hoodie does however have a facing and this became my template for the new one.  I used some gorgeously thick brushed sweatshirting and ribbing from this op shop haul and lined it with the bottom of this maxi dress which I recently shortened so I would get more wear out of it.


As it happened this hoodie became another of my holiday favourites.  It is seen here at 8am for a walk on the beach before breakfast to see the water taxis and launches come in.  It is in my opinion the best time of the day to be on the beach, just as it is waking up for the day.



Comments

  1. Gosh by the time you get to number 13 you could make it with your eyes closed! I really must make a hoodie as my daughter pinched the only vaguely presentable one I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't go as far as to say with my eyes closed but definitely no instructions are required. The cutting out is the longest part of this project.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking along the same lines as Gail and wondering how long it took to you to sew this hoodie after making 12 previous versions.It is a beautiful color and the trim/lining is pretty. You always find the best fabrics at the op shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Persistence certainly pays off with the op shop but not every visit is as successful.

      Delete
  3. I swear you just whip things up in a jiffy! This looks like a great wardrobe staple and after 13 I think yes! I have a Jamie Christina hoodie that is just waiting in the cue so I would be keen to see your Style Arc version when you get to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keen to get the Style Arc one made up as well. The trouble is there is always something more pressing to make or do. It may be an early autumn project.

      Delete
  4. This must be a great pattern if you have made 13 already. Looks like a very handy jacket that will get lots of wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I don't wear hoodies a lot but they certainly are worth their weight in gold for an extra camping layer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts