It is about this time in the season, I dig out my remnants in an attempt to free up valuable real estate in my fabric cupboard and this season, I have again done just that! I have a stack of fabric I want to relinquish myself of before embarking on new challenges.
The first Belcarra I made was from a piece of printed chiffon following on from my new found sheer fabric confidence. It is left over from this top, so has been gathering dust for quite some time, in fact 3 whole years! I managed though to use the entire piece of fabric...yay! Once again I narrowed the neck at the shoulders by 1.5cm. I really must permanently alter this pattern.
The second Belcarra is made from fabric Courteney bought for me in India, that started life as a sari and I made this dress from. I hadn't used the spotty printed piece for the dress and had just enough for my Belcarra. There is still more sari left for another project but for now I have enough in my wardrobe made in this fabric. You don't want to overdo a good thing! Speaking of overdoing a good thing, I may now retire this pattern for a while before I do exactly that!