Waste Not Want Not
I made a new dress. This time from this new but unloved dress. Although the dress looks rather nice in the photographs, the fabric lacks stability and the dress just clung well everywhere. Because the viscose Lycra fabric is really too drapey for the original style this time I chose a style with more fullness.
The back bodice was way too big to attach to the skirt so this had to be narrowed. In the end I pinned the dress to my dress form taking out about 3cm on each side. For the ring in the centre front, I initially butchered an old handbag but discovered the ring to be too heavy. My solution was to visit the local $1,2,3 and found some cheap earrings which I cut the hook off with wire cutters.
While I am really pleased with the resulting dress, I think this pattern is not very well drafted. Just as well it is a simple style which afforded an easy fix. I have ended up with a very wearable summer dress which is more than I can say for the dress I cut it out of.