Striped Tee Dress
I was reading one of my favourite non sewing blogs the other
|Image, Bohemian Traders.|
As per my tee versions, I lay my Tessuti Alexa pattern on top and cut the Alexa neckline. This time however I made a facing instead of adding a neckband and topstitched this in place. To make the skirt I simply lengthened the top pattern, cutting it slightly A line shape.
I made the dress out of a piece of rayon jersey which is lovely and stable so very nice to work with.
After trying the dress for size, I decided that due to my sway back, darts in the back would improve the shape. I pulled out My Image 1411 and used this as my guide, widening them slightly at the waist.
I am really happy with the resulting dress and it has been worn to work already. For the winter months I will layer it with tights, boots and a cardigan or jacket.