My Itch To Stitch



With the weather being so bitterly cold at the moment, think single digit daytime temperatures, I find myself being drawn to easy projects.  My overlocker is in my garage which for obvious reasons isn't heated.  I haven't quite resorted to wearing my puffer jacket out there but I do avoid it if at all possible.  A knit skirt was the perfect project for such inclement weather and as an extra bonus is so warm to wear as well.

I stumbled across Itch To Stitch Lyndy Petal Skirt which was quite timely because I had been seriously considering buying the Colette Mabel pattern.  What had been holding me back was past experience had me convinced that  Colette patterns are not designed for my shape. Given this pattern is free, trying it out was really a no brainer.  I also had the perfect remnant of ponti sitting in my stash.  


Although the pattern was designed with a wrap style front, my vision was for a midi length pencil skirt.  To create this effect, I simply made two backs instead of a front and a back and lengthened the entire pattern by 10cm.  I ran the entire thing up in under an hour.  It was so easy and this skirt is so warm and practical I can see more in my future.  A little side note though, please excuse the static cling in these photos.  I really need to find a slip.


Comments

  1. A very versatile skirt that I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! It isn't the most stimulating of projects but certainly a staple.

      Delete
  2. I did something with Vogue 2989 and love the shape of it as a great little below the knee skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts