I made a new skirt using M'Calls 6842. Actually I made this skirt early in May. You may have seen it appear in my Me Made May photos. I am a little behind in some areas of my blogging.
My original plan was to make Sewaholic Hollyburn which had been sitting in my stash for a while. After partially completing it, I realised it was the most unflattering of styles on me, so I did something I haven't done in a very long time and scrapped the entire thing. It was a little sad given the cost of Sewaholic patterns and my aversion to waste but the only saving grace was using op shop fabric. It was one of those, thank goodness for wearable, or in this case, unwearable muslin, moments! I whipped out the zip and started again with this pattern, which I have been keen to try for quite some time. Both the fabric and the lining were op shop acquisitions and the zip was rescued from an old clothing item.
The skirt is quite the fabric hog given it is basically a circle skirt.
I cut the skirt to a size 10, grading to a size 12 at the hips and added length to the mini version to end up with a just above the knee hem. My daughter has labelled this skirt a tennis skirt but I am unfazed, so much so, that I will be making another.